Tuesday, February 15, 2011

. . . V-DAY MINUS THE BABIES

February 15, 2011

I knew I should have written this earlier. But I was afraid I might seem too excited for Valentine's Day. And so now, I'm doing this the day after. Boo-hoo!

I was never a Valentine person nor am I a Christmas person. That's why I greet people with text messages that read "HVD" for Happy Valentine's Day and "MC" for Merry Christmas. Ain't it odd that Valentine's Day, when a lot of couples have so much crazy sex, has the same initials as "Venereal Disease"? Just a thought. So when I say HVD, it can mean Happy -- either of the VDs. Hahaha!

Anyway, last Sunday, Feb 6, my 5-year-old daughter already handed me a heart cut-out because it was gonna be V-Day soon. And I told her that we will not be together for V-Day because of our sorry set-up of not having a yaya. She gave me her sad face and said she was gonna make the V-Day cards already so she can give it to me. I asked her who she wanted to give out the cards to and she automatically replied:
"You first, Mom."

Awww. My Nyx is really the sweetest! (I wonder where she got that sweet gene. Definitely not from me. I was never sweet.) This was what she made me. She said heart with wings because it's also like an angel. I felt soooo sad. Sad because I could not be with them for V-day, heck, I would not even see them!

I've been married 5 years and this was the only time, I will not have my kids for V-day. So much for not being a Valentine person. Isn't Valentine's all about love? My kids are very important to me. My love for them has never wavered. Never. So the consolation of being alone with my boo for V-day did not even do much for me since we were both working and we were kinda used to being in the office all 5 years of our married Valentine's Day.

By Sunday, I was already all shaken up by not having to be with the kids on V-day Monday. We all went to church with Team Cabigas and to a diet-ending buffet at Ding Qua Qua. When Dad left for work, we all got haircuts at Salon de Rose. I bought DVDs because I planned to lose myself in the movies so I wont be thinking so much of missing the children when I discovered I left my keys in the house. Freaking stoo me!

On a happier note, I slept with the kids at the Cabigas' and Nyx told me she planned that all along. She said that was her plan in her head. That I sleep with them that night so that when we wake up on Valentine's Day, she, Draco and I will be together! All about love!!! And when I left for work, Draco gave me a tearful Happy Valentayms Day, Mom. (Nyx just looked for her rose because she said someone better get her flowers coz girls get flowers on Valentine's!)


Happy Valentine's Day, kiddos! It is because of you that this over-rated non-holiday ocassion has gotten more meaningful and (choke) heartwarming.

No comments:

Post a Comment