Tuesday, March 01, 2011

...WHAT I REALLY WANT

March 1, 2011

Hello, March!

It's Women's Month in the Philippines. And it's women's time of the month for me. How's that? It's also Fire Prevention Month, too. And yet I woke up to the blaring sound of sirens and when I checked out the window to the main road, firetrucks. Yup, it is indeed Fire Prevention Month already.

I am not in the best of mood today. Nor was I yesterday. In fact, I haven't been in the best of moods for quite awhile now. I have been beautifully pretending.

It has been two months since the effin yaya left. And I am miserable because I miss my children all the time.

Work has not been good to me either that it has made me question my wanting to transfer here. It is also making me question the benefit of this so-called new administration because really what I'm seeing is -- new leaders, same type of administration.

Like I tweeted yesterday, we work for our children. We work because of our children. And yet we cannot be with our children because of work. And now that work is being rude, I am barely managing to drag my butt off the bed and drag my feet to this god-forsaken place with a pretend smile on my face. That's me getting my game-face on. I use my frustration to give my best and submit a perfect job. But all along, at the back of my head, what I really want is to quit and be a mother to my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment