Friday, March 26, 2010

...HER WTF SPA EXPERIENCE AT OFISHER SPA

In fairness, I paused for awhile before I wrote this blog. Coz if I made this right after the experience, this would have been full of bleep-ables.

I bought this discount card for O'Fisher Salon and Spa. O'Fisher is a new spa located near the office. I bought the card for PhP400 (I think) because I am a sucker for spas. I love going to spas that even the clinical spas here in Bacolod, pinapatulan ko na.

I worked 5 years in a 5-star destination spa. Hell, I took up a spa operations course in no less than ChivaSom Academy in Thailand. So I think I fairly know about spas.

So here's the thing, since I had a card, I tried O'Fisher. On my first visit, I called in advance to make a reservation. I cannot remember if I was made to wait, but my first experience was pleasant. I think they are the only ones in Bacolod, who uses hot towel for the nape and shoulders during a foot massage. I've had that in Tonton's Fuente, Cebu.

Visit number 2 was on March 20. I was with my friend, Tintin. I made a reservation for a 1.5 hour massage for 6:30. When we got there at around 6:15, I told the receptionist that I have a reservation for 6:30pm, 2nd floor room. She looked at their wall clock and said it's not yet 6:30 while flipping through the pages attached to their clipboard. Normally, spa etiquette requires you to be at the spa 15 minutes before your schedule. But okay,Tintin and I went out and looked at the shops beside the salon. At 6:30, we went back to the spa where we were then told to wait. After about 10 minutes, I asked the receptionist what was going on. She said they were just changing the bed dings. See? That's why you make a reservation so you won't be made to wait. 15 minutes before so that they can change the bed dings already. They finally managed to let us in by around 7. Almost 30 minutes behind schedule. The masseuses then led us to the ground floor rooms. So I went back to the receptionist and told her that I requested for a 2nd floor room when I made a reservation. She said it was not indicated in the booking. I told her that the reservation was useless because they were not able to deliver. She scanned her clipboard pages again and said there is one bed available at the 2nd Floor. There were 2 of us, so hello? We settled for the ground floor rooms where I felt a little claustrophobic. The massage, for me, was good. However, my friend was unhappy because her masseuse had the sniffles. And of course, you know, colds are definitely contagious.

Last Friday, April 3, at around 8pm, I called up O'Fisher through the mobile number in the flyer and made a booking for 2 full body massages and one foot massage at around 9:30pm. I got the name of the person I was talking to because of my previous experience. She said her name was Annie. She told me to look for Cathy, the receptionist. When we got there at around 9:40pm (I didn't see the point of going there early, since we were just gonna wait, anyway), I asked for Cathy. I told her I had a reservation for 9:30pm. She checked her schedule and said I was not booked. I told her I spoke to Annie. She acknowledged and then disappeared to the back office to, I think, talk to Annie. She then came back and told me that Annie made a mistake with the booking and told us to wait. I told her I have a plus one because Nanay decided to come along with us (Twinkle, Mymy and Myself). She did not acknowledge but instead disappeared again to the back office. Several minutes of waiting later, she said that she can only accommodate 3 persons.

Of course i was fuming mad. I get mega irked if my plans don't push through. Ask Boo. He knows I get crazy when the itinerary/schedule I made is not being followed. I told her to cancel the booking and to write her name on their owner's business card. She was hesitant. I insisted that she write her name. She said she was not the one who received the booking. (Already Pontius Pilate-ing!)

I wrote about my incident briefly on Facebook and Twitter and whaddya know? I had feedbacks right away! My ninang Maricar Dabao said Gloria Fisher was her cousin and that she was sorry for my sad experience. See? If they were only apologetic about their mistake, but they weren't! Ninang Car said she will relay my incident to the owner. Hopefully.

What do you think? Should I make the complaint official? I super hate that I have this freaking discount card that I might not be able to use anymore. This was not the first time that I bought a discount card for spa services. I also bought a Bacolod Spa discount card when they opened. I was able to exhaust it of all its discount power. But I guess this time with O Fisher is another story.

april 9, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment