Tuesday, June 15, 2010

. . . School Opening


June 15, 2010

Today is my eldest daughter’s 1st day of school as Kinder 2. Nyx skipped Kinder 1 because, according to Ninang Liz, the school registrar, she already qualifies for K2 after being Pre Kinder.

I had mixed feelings again yesterday although not as weird as last year’s. Last year I really went in a downward spiral because Nyx was already going to school. I had the separation anxiety issues. She had zero. I felt sad because I knew I was not gonna see her as often as I want.

I am so proud of my girl because she’s really independent. Draco, however, is another story. I will find out next year when he steps into school, too, for the first time. I hope I won’t get depressed again.

This week is a dry-run for all of us. So far, so good, today. Woke up at 4:30am, packed Nyx’s stuff. She was ready by 7. They left the house around 7:30. Cooked my breakfast, did my yoga (with Draco), and chatted with my sis. My ride was here to pick me up even before Nyx and yaya got back. So when she got in the house, it was “how was school, I have to go” for me. Sad. But I promised to call her when I got to work. And I did. I found out she was no longer in the same section as her long-time, pre-kinder boyfriend, Diego. But she’s proud to claim she has new friends and new seatmates – Julie Gail and Christian.

Thank you Lord for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment