Monday, June 07, 2010

. . . Urinary Tract Infection -- Boo!



June 5, 2010
My lower abdominals have been bothering me since last Sunday while we were at beautiful Don Salvador Benedicto. I was not sure what it was but like I always do, I ignored it and hoped it would just go away.

But my ouchy tummy, as I call it now, won’t go away. I tried Buscopan and Ponstan but well, it just won’t go away. Maybe it’s the stress (office problems). Or maybe PMS (but I just had my period!).

Until yesterday when I could no longer stand, I went to see my OB-Gyn. I have been putting off going to the OB because I feared that I might hear the bad news – you’re having a baby! LOL! But I heard slightly better news than that. I have Genito-Urinary Tract Infection. UTI! My gosh, what else is new? I’ve been having UTI for like forever. It’s my lifestyle. Controlling my pee, not drinking water, gulping on loads of coffee!

Doc told me however, that my sumthin-count is 80-95 and that is quite high. But since I keep dismissing it as nothing, I wondered why it hurt so much. I asked what is the normal sumthin-count. What do you know? 0-5! Wow! I was slammin!

I also got a pap smear since I was already there in the stirrups and that supposedly you get a pap annually. Doc chided me for not seeing her the past 3 years! Like I said, avoiding the Gyne.

I was prescribed with a kick-ass antibiotic called Augmentin (twice a day for a week!) and some stomach painkillers called Buscopan Plus. Augmentin costs PhP 71 at Grace Pharmacy. (Posting this so people with UTI would know, too) Bawal magkasakit, true, mahal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment