Wednesday, July 07, 2010

. . . BEING BACK IN O'FISHER'S ARMS



Today, I’ve decided to raise the white flag on O’Fisher Spa. I’ve head issues with them before–http://sunshinegregorio.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-wtf-spa-experience-at-ofisher.html but I called for a truce. (So I can use their gift certificate.)

I called in the afternoon to set an appointment as I almost always do when I go to spas. Cherry did not get my contact number and I half expected they’d botch it up again.

When I got there at 8:30 pm, I was pleasantly surprised that everything was in order. Cherry, the receptionist, was polite. She didn’t ask me at all about the 100% discount. For me that’s very courteous because if she had any duda about the gift certificate, she could call Babes Fisher – in private. Leave me, the customer, alone. One point, Cherry.

Myrna, my therapist, was also great. She was very thorough. She was an average-sized lady but her hands felt big and powerful. I loved the hour and a half combination massage. Two points, Myrns. I got the 1.5 hour massage so as to maximize my 100% discount. 3 points.

After the service, I asked the receptionist if I needed to pay for pay anything – just making sure. She said no. Great! And then she said, just Myrna. Ngek! Cherry just asked me for tip. For 5 years, I got used to a ‘no tipping’ policy. That’s why I got surprised when she asked me for tip. Tips should not be solicited. I was ready to give, freely. If the service was satisfactory, a tip may be expected but not collected. In my current workplace, my colleagues openly and loudly ask for tips from winning customers. I sooo cringe whenever I hear them. So for asking for tip, minus 1 point. But for saying thank you when I left the building even if I didn’t pay for the service, one point again. (Oh and I gave Myrns PhP100 because I was happy with the service and not because Cherry asked for it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment