Tuesday, February 08, 2011

. . .THE FAMKADA



February 8, 2011

Like I said, I will be blogging about the Famkada soon.

Famkada, this one's dedicated to you.

From the beginning, my husband's family have always made me feel welcome. So much more when the kids came. We were then based in Bacolod and whenever we had a vacation in Cebu, we stayed in either the Master's house or at Team Cabigas' house.

I think it was last year when "Famkada" was coined. We always had get-togethers and it was just always us -- the family barkada. But family barkada was too long a term so we cut it short to Famkada -- family + barkada = FAMKADA.

On my birthday last year, we 'partayed' like a rockstar at one of Imperial Palace' suites and Bai Brill declared that as "the best Famkada moment ever" with matching hand signals to the camera. Yup, it was on video. (The sober Bai Brill then said the next morning that he no longer knows how to dance like he did in the video!) Fun times! Famkada moments!

We all know how Kuya Dov gets all mushy when he is bloody. He no longer wants to be interrupted when he speaks of his loves and lusts. Oh yes, bloody can mean drunk and/or drinking. (To this term, Nyx has once asked: Mom, are you drinking blood?!) Or how Jessa slaps whoever is beside her. And how we once had a hard time looking for Ate Jen in her own house one bloody night. And there was this one incident that we were all knocked-out, bloody-wasted. Hence, I called it The Massacre. I barfed everywhere! And since I had squid for dinner, I had black puke streaming out of me. Glamorous! Ate Jen had to wear a leg stabilizer for about a month coz she missed a step and fell -- in their own house. Kuya Dov slept on the muddy grass in the garden and wondered why he was full of mud the next day but still proceeded to work -- all bloody and shower-less! Jessa dared to dance low and fell on her butt -- twice! To this day, my kids have not forgotten that! They still blame Roy for shaking me and making me throw up. Hahahaha!

Fast forward to Sinulog 2011. We no longer call our Famkada get-togethers as get-togethers. It has now become Party! Party!. So a text from the Master, forwarded to all the members would normally read "Party! Party! at (insert venue here)". LOL!The Sinulog Party! Party! was done in style! We all had Famkada shirts made. _____ heart Famkada.

And at the Sto. Nino Vill Sinulog, we once again wore our Famkada shirts to the Party! Party! to which Ate Jen said, in between Colt 45 tagays, that the Famkada was Tribu Yagat (Tagay spelled backwards) because we were always tagaying! And so, FamTagay was born! Hahahaha!

I am and will always be grateful to the Famkada for the support they have given me and my children. It is because of you and your love for Nyx and Draco that I have strength, that I have not given up. Thank you so much and I love you all. (bow)

No comments:

Post a Comment