Monday, February 07, 2011

...HAPPY DAYS -- REUNITED

February 7, 2011

Like I actually know them. Haha! The band is called HAPPY DAYS. And the only band member I know is Dammasch. A Fil-German who now lives in California. I knew him because he is my husband's friend. DBTC Batch 96.

So anyway, since Dammasch is home for a really short time, my husband and I went to the reunion gig of their band over at The Outpost. A quaint, aged house that has been converted into a bar which reminds me of frat houses in the US because of the setup. Everyone having drinks in all parts of the house -- living room, terrace, front yard and there was a band playing at the 'garage area'.

THE OUTPOST, Lahug, Cebu City (photo from totallycebu.com)



In attendance were: Nakar and gf, Bodge & Wella, Gesta and gf, and Jomai. (And some other people who were also members of other bands.)

If I was a bit younger, I would have super loved that night since the place was filled with rockers and guys with long hair and band music filled the air -- not the type of songs you hear on the radio. Cover songs were so not welcome in that gig.

Happy Days, according to Papoy, is Weezer-ish. Geek punk was how they called their music. I am not sure I understood what that was supposed to be. But the music was not so bad. It was not bad at all. Considering how they have just recently tried jamming again. They actually made me miss my band, too. (And sorely, my youth.)

Surprisingly, we weren't the last ones to go home. Coz normally, my husband likes to be the 1st to arrive and the last to leave. And since I was working the next day, I kinda appreciated that.

The perfect ending to that night was the stop over at "high blood country" for some pork innards, pork blood and more cholesterol-infused food. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment