Tuesday, March 29, 2011

. . . IGNORING THE PAIN

March 28, 2011

It's the 28th of March. I began this work week with a sick day. My back is beginning to give up on me.

I have scoliosis. Since, I think, my college years, I just knew I had it. I haven't had a single check-up for this, but even then I just knew.

When 2003 came and I had to have bone graft surgery for a gunshot wound (that's another story), my ortho then, Dr. Rob Uy, confirmed my scoliosis -- with xray to boot.

I am scoliotic. Yeah and? That makes half of my immediate family -- my mom and my sis have it, too.

I kinda had it under control a few years back when I started doing yoga. But when I got pregnant, I started feeling the strain on my lower lumbar again. Two babies later, I sometimes have a hard time turning over when I sleep on a certain side the entire night.

This morning, I was feeling okay. But a few hours of walking later, I felt it beginning to hurt. I don't know how to describe it. It's like my back is trapped between a rock and a hard place. hahaha! Like it's trapped in the middle of two walls moving toward each other. I can't even stand straight.

Here's the thing, I've been feeling sick for a couple of days now. All sorts of pain. Sometimes I feel tiny chest pains but I ignore it. Not totally, I had my blood pressure taken but it was normal. So I went back to thinking it was nothing. But it sometimes comes back. And now this. I've been feeling this back pain since Thursday but again, I try to ignore it. I don't wanna be labeled yet again feigning sick just because I have a spat with my husband. Oh please. I've been trying for days to fight back getting sick. I thank God I now have a yaya who I can say is a better partner than someone I know. So if I am sick, physically and emotionally (and maybe mentally), forgive me because I can only take so much. Scoliosis is not a trip to Disneyland. Try one.

No comments:

Post a Comment