Thursday, March 17, 2011

...TATAY'S 60TH

March 17, 2011





We just got back from our Bacolod trip for my father's surprise party. I have been keeping that trip a secret from my children for a looong time. And I'm relieved that that was finally over -- the secret-keeping part.

I don't know why I waited so long to go back home because I had so much fun and my kids clearly had even more.

The surprise party was a huge success. Tatay was very happy to see his brothers and sisters altogether and of course, us.

He was tricked into thinking that they were going to have dinner at a fancy hotel -- just the family. He was already getting irked that it was 7 0'clock already and they still were not leaving the house. When he got to the hotel, he was already his grumpy self when his guests (except us and some sibs) jumped out of the darkness and yelled "SURPRISE!" He was already pleased then.

And then, Twinkle presented the video I made for him and he was already teary-eyed by the time they got to Star's and my children's videos. The rest of the audience was a bit emotional already, too.

Meanwhile, while we were hidden in the kitchen, I was explaining to Tay's sister, Mommy Linda, why 'Karabaw', she was also already crying.

So when we got to the part of Draco's live singing of Karabaw and our grand entrance, everyone was in tears! Nyx shouted 'Tay! Tay!' and ran to him while I carried the singing Draco and gave him to Tatay's shaking hands. He was crying and sniffing and shaking! I was fighting my tears because I had to keep the show going.

To represent the 'surprise delegation', Tita Pinky made a speech. And from the homecourt, the eldest Gregorio, Tito Onny, said some stuff. Tito Jing said quite a meaningful prayer and the partying started.



Co-hosting with me was my super kulit son, Draco. He was the star of the night! Stealing the show from Mom! Tatay said he was happy that all his siblings were there and that the only one missing was Tita Lee. So we showed him Tita Lee's video greeting and also greetings from his friends and my ninongs -- Roy and Ed. He was also happy that his friends from Metro, Tito Yco, Tito Nonoy and Tito Emilio were there, too, aside from the Villa Angela Friday boys.

When he gave his thank you speech, he said he was really surprised and that he hopes this could happen again -- the gathering part. He also added that he was amazed at Drakey and that he sees young self in my son. When we were in Bacolod house and I would get mad at D, Tatay would always come to the rescue. He would go to our room and take D away from me at least until I cool down.

When it was finally time for us to go home, Nyx and Draco were crying because they didn't want to go back to Cebu. They said they'd rather stay in Bacolod. Nyx was crying from the Bacolod Airport all the way to Cebu!

No comments:

Post a Comment