Friday, April 15, 2011

...CHOCOLATE BARS & NON-BARS

April 15, 2011

My name is Sunshine. I am a CHOCOHOLIC. Below are some of my addictions.

I have been trying to write about food for awhile but since I'm really not a foodie, I will just speak of chocolate bars and non-bars (read: those that do not come in 'bar' form).

Below are some chocolates that I went or am still crazy about.

TURIN MEXICAN CHOCOLATES. The liqueur chocolates line of Turin made my heart beat a million times faster. Eating alcohol never tasted this sinful!

TURIN BAILEY'S


TURIN KAHLUA


TURIN MALIBU RUM AND GRAND MARNIER


My sister, Star, sent these cute "bugs" for halloween last year. CREEPY, CRAWLY, CHOCOLATE-Y!


And then I found this last Christmas over at S & R. M&Ms mint chocolate! Super delish I had to hide it from my babies!



They were slightly bigger than the regular M&Ms and they came in red, green and white only. Unfortunately, this one is only sold during Christmastime. It means I have to wait 8 more months!



And this summer, I came across this KitKat over at Robinson's Cybergate. I cannot remember the store but they also sold Turin Chocolates. (Mental note: go to Robinson's Cybergate again!)

KITKAT DARK


And last (for now!) but not the least, Tablea. Tablea is the native tsokolate that has now been commercialized and sold in eatable forms. Because you know, in the olden days, you had to boil the cacao tablets in order to make a native chocolate drink that our great-grannies would drink with their favorite breakfast kakanin!

These days, we have Tablea. The store slash cafe serving Tablea-based stuff.
I got my first try of the Chocolate-Covered Cacao Beans at Robinson's Cybergate Tablea.



I have loved tablea forever. I used to have those little round tablets in my office drawer just to satisfy cravings for dark chocolate. I would munch on the tablea until I get a little dizzy from the strength of the cacao!

I am sure you're now jonesing for some chocolate. Why don't you have a break? Have a chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment