Saturday, November 26, 2011

. . . MY CRABBY PATTIES

November 26, 2011

It has been two weeks since I lost Baby Zoe. I still cry every now and then because of her. But these days I cry more because of circumstances in my house.

Last Saturday, Manang's (mayordoma) brother came over right after my husband and I got home from the spa. She said she had to go home right away because something happened to her mother. (Something happened to me when she said that. I was having a mini heart attack! What? No yaya, no maid?!) She has not come back since. Her brother did an overnighter but Manang went on vacation galore! Never mind that I, too, just got out of the hospital for Dilation & Curettage. (I'll be doing a blog about D & C when it's not as painful anymore. The procedure was the shits!)

I have not worked since November 13 and yet I feel like I am more stressed than when I am at the office working.

Upside? I've been cooking. Or learning how to cook. Actually, if it's not hellishly hot in the outdoor cooking area, I would have loved exploring the idea of myself cooking.

Too long an introduction for what I really just wanted to do. I made Crabby Patties for dinner since my children love Spongebob Squarepants. This is my first attempt and as my previous menus, I asked Google how to. I just tweaked it so I can make use of the stuff in my refrigerator. So here goes:



*CRABBY PATTIES*

Ingredients:
1/2 K Crab meat
2 pcs. medium sized onions, minced
1 clove Garlic, minced
1 1/2 tbsp Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
1 tbsp tartar sauce
2 eggs
1/2 tsp salt and another 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
a pinch of magic sarap
3 slices white bread (torn to small pieces with crust removed)
salted butter
pepper
Japanese style bread crumbs

Procedure:
1. Heat 1/2 tbsp butter in a warm pan over medium heat.
2. Saute garlic, onions and 1 tsp salt til garlic is brown and onions are clear.
3. Set aside.
4. In a bowl, whisk eggs, tartar sauce, a little pepper, magic sarap, worcestershire sauce and the sauteed onions and garlic.
5. Add the tiny pieces of torn bread. Mix thoroughly till the bread blends with the mixture.
6. Fold in crab meat. Mix again.
7. Make small patties with your hand and place it in a tray. (The mixture is watery so make sure to squeeze the water out of the formed patties.
8. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top of the patties.
9. Let it set for about an hour. (Should be refrigerated.)
10. Deep fry and serve hot.

Woo-hoo! I made that and I actually liked it. Kids liked it, too. Nyx said it tasted like Krusty Krab's Krabby Patty! (As if she has actually tasted the stuff!) But I am happy they are happy. Will take photos tomorrow when I cook the second batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment