Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Cooking Mama: Bangus Belly ala Pobre

22 April 2015


My children are fond of fish. The boneless kind. Maybe because that's all we have in the fridge most of the time. Normally, I'd marinate it in calamansi juice, soy sauce/Worcestershire sauce and magic sarap. But since a friend shared his instant fish rub, I'd been using that ever since. But of course, toyomansi is still good.

Deep-fried and crispy. That's how we do our fish. Until I got bored and I tried this....

BANGUS BELLY ALA POBRE

INGREDIENTS

1 boneless bangus belly, marinated with toyomansi
2 tbsp calamansi juice
1/4c soy sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar / muscovado
1 med onion, cut into rings

PROCEDURE

1. In a bowl, mix calamansi juice, soy sauce and brown sugar. Set aside.
2. Fry bangus belly on non-stick pan (if available). Fry both sides but do not overcook. Fish shouldn't be crispy.
3. Add onion rings.
4. Pour over the fish your calamansi-soy sauce-sugar mixture.
5. Simmer for a few more minutes to cook the fish with its sauce.

Serve with garlic bits on top. (I couldn't coz hubby is allergic to garlic!)

No comments:

Post a Comment