Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Summer Mommy? Hah!

April 22, 2015

What was I thinking? Posted too soon, I guess.

Once again, I find myself without a yaya. Between my last post and today, I have had a barrage of problems but I am still fortunate to be alive and breathing. So, from "summer mommy", Super Mommy is back. (Super Mommy is sometimes mistaken for Always-Angry-Mommy because of the many things she needs to juggle day in day out. Lol!)

Let me warn you about the yaya who recently deserted us.

GEMMA RODRIGUEZ. Native of Manjuyod, Negros Oriental.

I liked her. She did not cook but she cleaned very well. She took care of Zasha, too. And I knew she genuinely liked my 2-year-old.

BUT she did not like Draco, my 7-year-old. What irked me most was that she once sent Draco out of the house, out the gate, to the street -- because he was misbehaving. She also lied. She'd say one thing and then the kids would tell me differently. And when I confront her, she'd say sorry like it was nothing. I know, I know. I should have fired her then. I didn't. I needed a helper. Who's gonna watch over the kids when P (my husband) and I go to work? Yup, losing end --> moi.

She was referred to us by the helper next door (who eventually upped and left, too). When I interviewed her last February, it was her first time to set foot in Cebu. She had two previous employers whom she stayed with for also just a few months. (IKR? Alarm!) True enough, a little after a month, she said she was leaving because she was going to school in June. By first week of April, she already found a replacement. Yaya sent her money but she was a no-show. And so...yaya killed her dad. At least that's what she said. She needed to go home. ASAP. Her father died. Fell off the coconut tree. Or so she said. She was a liar and I did not believe her. But I let her go right then and there because she sulked to kingdom come. And I HATED IT.

And so now I am hash tag yayaless once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment