Thursday, December 03, 2009

... THE MOVIE, MY SISTER'S KEEPER


I have a ton of DVDs that I haven't brought myself to watch yet. But when I got hold of this one, I just had to watch it right away. (Along with Jennifer's Body) . Cameron Diaz as a mom is a revelation on this one.

Anyway, the touching story is about a little girl who was born to give up herself little by little, organ by organ, to her cancer-stricken older sister. She becomes her sister's keeper when her mother seems to have forgotten her in the fight against her sister's cancer. I heard a lot of people saying that they cried buckets watching this film -- including her highness, Miss Oprah. But, well, I didn't. Tolerance for pain, I guess. It was a painful movie to watch. Not because it was ugly but because there were so many parts that gnaw at your heart. Moreso, if you have cancer of if you have a loved one who has cancer.

On a positive note, it teaches the audience how life shouldn't be stuck in the moment like that U2 song. Especially if the moment is a sad one. It's a nice lazy-Sunday-afternoon watch.

December 3, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment