Friday, December 18, 2009

WHEN DO YOU TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT SANTA?



I haven’t really thought much about Santa until I got a letter from my daughter’s pre-school about their Christmas party on the 18th. Parents are being asked to contribute a certain amount and a present that the teachers would be distributing to our children. Except that they won’t say the presents are from the parents. Instead they will tell them the present came from Santa.

Okay. So I am not a big fan of Christmas. I love Halloween more than I do Christmas. I am not sure why but I feel Christmas is just overkill. However, when I had kids, I began to dislike Christmas a little less. However, the idea of tricking the kids into thinking there is a Santa Claus doesn’t really sit well by me.
I am almost ready to tell them that Santa is as real as Tinkerbell and Dora the Explorer. Instead I am joining them in tricking Nyx into believing there is a Santa Claus. Hello? She is not Virginia.

At Toy Kingdom, while choosing among Baby Alive accessories, Polly Pocket, Play Doh and Rapunzel Barbie, I was tempted to buy what I think Nyx would like the best. And then I realized that this gift would be coming from “Santa.” I’d be damned if Santa gave a better gift than Mommy! Mom’s Christmas must, must, must trump Santa’s. So Santa’s pretty assistant (meaning Moi), picked the cheapest among the list so Mom gets to put her name in the gift card of the best present this Yuletide season.

MC from Santa, Nyxy!

No comments:

Post a Comment