Friday, March 26, 2010

... THE CHUCK BASSES OF THE WORLD



So I'm a little too old for Gossip Girl. But yes, I'm a fan and I like following the lives of upper East Manhattanites. Aside from the fact that I would love to someday visit NYC, GG is like the younger in-school version of my epic favorite Sex and The City fused with Beverly Hills 90210.

Okay, Chuck Bass. At the risk of divulging my real age, Chuck reminds me sooo much of BH 90210's Dylan McKay, don't you think. Throw in their bitch Brenda and GG's bitch, Blair. So 21st Century Beverly Hills.

Why do the Bs always get the bad boy with the husky voice and smoldering looks? I wasn't the nicest girl in the neighborhood when I was younger and yes, i also got my own share of bad boys. And up until now, I still get attracted to men with the come-hither attitude. I just do not take action now.

If you think, I can give you an answer to my title question, I can't. I still don't have an answer to the question myself. I only have hypotheses. Maybe we wanna be heroines and convert Mr Bad Guy. Or maybe we like the thrill of being with Mr Dangerous. Maybe we just like being hurt. I know I went through that stage. They say it's always the good guys that finish last, for me, as long as I get my finish -- from either good or bad guy -- it's all good.

01.12.10

No comments:

Post a Comment