Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Summer Mommy.

25 March 2015

Summer break is here! Actually, it started last weekend -- and I didn't even know it!

No more waking up at 5 in the morning to get the big kids ready for school. Woohoo!!! But Cooking Mama is still on so I wake up at 7. I change to my sweat clothes and get my yoga on. And after that, apron over the gym clothes and Cooking Mama is on. I still love cooking so this is like a happy place. (And I can't believe I'm saying that! LOL! Cooking and me??? Who would've thought we'd be a happy couple?) And then I don my office uniform -- my least favorite of all because this would take me away from my beautiful babies.

Oh, I wanna have a 'me' day. I wanna have a haircut. If my hair stylist of over 20 years was not absent last weekend, I'd have short hair by now. I did my nails last weekend, too. Painted them a nice bright red. Haven't had polish on my nails since December 2014. Me with the hash tag nailart almost every week. Sadly, color lasted for 3 days. It was just nail polish after all. My family is enjoying the ChocNut Kare Kare that I made for them today. (Slicing the vegetables was what killed the nail color. But I'm not complaining!) Mommy. Happy to serve.

I have so many things planned for my children but I have two obstacles to conquer -- our budget and my husband.

Budget is budget.

Hubby, on the other hand, is difficult. He is not one to cooperate immediately according to my plans. He is also not very keen, initially, on things to do for the kids. Whenever I tell him, I have something planned for the weekend, for the children; his automatic response is -- "We will see" or the Cebuano favorite "pohon" which means, yes, "we'll see".

I say initially because he always gets on board, eventually. Although, sometimes, he doesn't do it on time. Which is sad. For me. For the kids.

I've already gotten the application forms for the McDonald's summer kiddie crew program and I think hubby has approved. So that's one of the things the kids would definitely be doing this April. But that's just five (5) days down. I have more planning to do. So help me God!

No comments:

Post a Comment